We produce solely in Germany and can therefore offer along with our high quality products and workmanship a special service.
Should your motorcycle boots become worn down, speak to your local dealer and let him check the boots for you. should it prove that a repair is worthwhile, send the boots to us via your dealer and we will give it our best. We repair exclusively using original parts, e.g. zips, soles or velcro fastenings.
daytona® - Service with Quality.
daytona® | Bahnhofstraße 5 + 6 |
D - 84307 Eggenfelden | Germany | Telefax: +49 8721 8424 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Leather is a natural material. Like every skin, leather has it's own special qualities. Pigment marks, vein lines or different structures are some of these variations. It is impossible to avoid some structure and slight colour differences and due to this, there is no grounds for complaints.
the base material is a circa 5 mm raw cowhide which is preserved through the tanning process. The first layer (the grain lining) ranges between 1,3 and 2,8 mm thick and builds the full-grain upper. The other leather layers (der lining) are used as linning material. The water resistant quality of the leather is reached through the tanning proceedure. This water resistance requires renewing in the everyday cleaning of the boot.
With these you can travel safely and comfortably.
And for a long time. Because your daytona® boots are loyal companions which will go with you on many journeys and stay in great condition.
However, you need to give your boots a bit of attention. Because our boots can really do a lot, but there is one thing they can‘t do: look after themselves. That‘s right, it‘s a matter of cleaning shoes. Sounds old-fashioned - but it‘s true. And it works wonders - that‘s a promise.
3 Tricks for happy boots and happy boot owners!
Regular cleaning and care
daytona® boots are famous for durability. You can make your boots last even longer, if you clean them and give them some attention a few times a year.
Always condition them after riding
in the rain
You should condition your daytona® boots especially after long rides in the rain Because essential compounds are washed out of the material by rain, reducing the good properties.
Spray the zip every couple of weeks
To ensure that the zip always slides smoothly when you put the boots on and take them off, you should spray the zip with Turbo Grease every couple of weeks.
Cleaning the boots
Remove dust and dirt with a cloth or a shoe brush that is not too hard.
Caution: Do not remove dirt with a high pressure cleaner - that makes leather brittle. Compressed air can sometimes be used solely for the zip. If it is particularly dirty, just give it a short blow at the petrol station.
Care of boots
1. Impregnation. For waterproof boots, we have already done a lot. But the boot needs the owner to add the finishing touches: regular impregnation helps to keep feet dry. This also makes the boots dirt-repellent. daytona® Aqua Stop is applied with the sponge supplied. Please wait for a day after application to give the leather time to absorb the Aqua Stop and for them to dry out properly. Then polish smooth leather with a soft cloth; for suede simply brush over again.
2. Care of leather. Gore-Tex boots need special care products that are low in fat or oil to keep them breathable. For example, daytona® Special Leather cleaner, which is applied with a soft cloth to the clean shoe.
3. Care of the zip. To ensure that the zip does not become a weak point, this also needs care. Turbo Grease from daytona® is simply sprayed on; this reduces abrasion and the zip remains smooth-running, durable and dirt-repellent.
4. Blacking leather. Scratches and scuffs in the leather can be made to disappear again with a quick black colour treatment. For this daytona® provides Leather Black in a tube with sponge.
Extra care after rain
On a trip in the rain daytona® boots have a tough job: keeping your feet dry. But they are happy when you give them some extra attention afterwards. Because the wet washes fat and dye out of the leather, this makes the material less water-resistant in the long run. Therefore, as soon as the boots are dry, you need to make an extra lap - an extra lap of care.
1. Drying boots
Wet boots are best stuffed with newspaper or dried on a stretcher - at room temperature.
Caution: Never dry boots on a heater or in direct sunlight. Stand the boots with the sole upwards to dry, then the moisture between the layers can escape more easily.
2. Cleaning and brushing boots
3. Make boots waterproof once more with Aqua-Stop
Simply apply evenly with the sponge on the bottle and leave to dry, preferably overnight.
4. Apply leather conditioner
If black leather is a bit faded, simply apply daytona® Leather Black.
And a day later, when the Leather Black is dry, use daytona® Leather Care.
5. Spray zips with Turbo Grease
Download Care Instructions (PDF 3,8 MB)
the upper material of your boot with GORE-TEX- is leather and should be so handled. Regularly impregnate your boots with daytona®-Special-Leather cleaner or daytona®-Aquastop (Water Stop) to prevent the leather from becoming blocked. Dry upper material keeps better warm! When the boots are wet, position them with the sole facing upwards so that the moisture can escape from the leather of the boot more easily. When cleaning your boots with GORE-TEX, use products which contain a low fat and / or oil content as they can reduce the breathing ability dramatically. We recommend the use of daytona®-Special-Leather care and Aquastop.